The original Edmond Round Up Club was formed in 1938 at Reynolds Park on Bryant.
The original 10 Charter Members consisted of: Jess Bryant, Carl Flesher, Harry Wright, Chick Coker, H.W. Granzow, W. Custer Service, Joe Hatten, W.R. Fisher, Wm. P. Thompson and Winfield Smith. Back in those days anyone wanting to become a member had to qualify by riding a bucking horse.
World War II ended most of the club’s activities and it ceased to exist for several years. Then in 1952 some interested horsemen with the aid of some of the old members, reorganized the club. They started out at the old arena at Reynolds Park on Bryant. In 1966 they built their all steel arena at 300 N. Kelly Road with concrete restrooms and bleachers. Added in 1970 was the concrete block office and concession stand.
In January of 2003, the Edmond City Council voted to name the arena for the club’s long term member and former President Carl Benne.
|1972||Edmond Round Up Club||Rodeo Program|
|1987||Edmond Round Up Club||16th Annual IPRA Rodeo||Rodeo Program|
|2017||Edmond Round Up Club||Business Times of Edmond||Business Times|